Saturday, January 7, 2012

Little Miss Homemaker

Over the Christmas break, I caught the craft bug and was itching to do some sort of sewing project. This usually only happens to me once a year around this time. Anyway, I'm starting to redo "my room" back home and it was a perfect opportunity to get my craft on. I say "my room" because I haven't really lived at home for more that a few weeks at a time, so it's more of a guest room that my older, married sisters stay in with their hubbies and babies.

Back to my craft, I decided to make a window seat cushion. Naively, I did not know how ambitious this project would, but somehow I figured out the pattern, didn't mess up too badly when I cut out the fabric, and sewed it all together. Voila! My very own window seat cushion:

I absolutely love the fabric; the more I look at it, the more I love it. (Don't worry--the walls will be painted something other than a minty green. They've been that color for almost 10 years and it's time for a change.)

After finishing the cushion, I felt I could do anything! So I made a matching pillow. Didn't I frame the bird quite nicely?

Since I sort of love interior design, I am ridiculously excited to redo this room (when I'm not at school) and these little craft projects are only the beginning.

I hope you have a fabulous new year full of craft projects, good food (like bread pudding), family fun and new friends. And not too much homework for those of you in school (that's for you Dad!).

Thanks for your faithful following this last year through my adventures in New York City, national design competitions, and many weeks without new posts. Maybe this year I'll be better...

3 comments:

Elise said...

It looks wonderful! And I seriously love that fabric. Fancy birds=the best.

Dawn said...

Alexis, you are totally amazing!

Ethan said...

Lex- that's beautiful! Sorry I'm so slow viewing :) I love the fabric, too. Can't wait to see more of your skills :)