Sunday, January 30, 2011

I'm a winner!

I won first place in the NKBA student design competition for the bath category! That includes a trip to Las Vegas to attend KBIS (and I will be staying here) and a $2,500 scholarship. I will also be published in NKBA's quarterly magazine. My school even interviewed me about it, and you can read the short article here.

It's has been quite exciting, but mostly surreal. I am very grateful for this award and all of the recognition that comes with it. I'm especially grateful to my family who encourgaged me to do it and who supported me even when I never called because I was too busy working on this project. One last shout out to Dornbracht, the amazing kitchen and bath fixture company. Their Supernova line, as well as their overall design genius, greatly influenced my project.

Now, enough with the talk. Here's a sampling of my project!







5 comments:

Corinne Chidester said...

I'm BEYOND proud of you, and I cannot think of a more deserving person! I love you! xo

Elise said...

ALEXIS. i am freaking out! how exciting! you are amazing. congratulations! aw. that is the greatest news EVER.

Elise said...

ps that quote in the scroll totally sounds like you. "and the money isn't bad either..." ha!

Unknown said...

you are amazing. and i'm so proud of you!

oxoxoxoxox

Allen Lovers said...

I. AM. SO. PROUD. OF. YOU.