Monday, June 6, 2011

My First Day of Work

My internship started today and it went really well. I was so nervous to ride the subway by myself, I left almost an hour early for work. Yep, that happened. Actually I saw a friend from church on the subway ride so that calmed me down a bit. I finally breathed some when I made it to the office. It is surrounded by fur shops, which is kind of interesting.

The office colorful, bright, and open. I'll have more pictures later. I met Celerie Kemble and most of the other designers that work in the office. It's very similar to the environment at school, first off, because it's is all ladies. Secondly it is similar because everyone feels like family. I'm excited to get to know everyone and find my place in the office.

I met one of the other interns (there are about four or five total) and was able to run some errands with her. She's really friendly and while we were running around, we walked through this garden that is above the streets (I can't remember its official name) and saw a great building by Frank Gehry! Although I am completely exhausted, it was a nice first day.

4 comments:

Eliza said...

I love checking your blog and seeing something new every day! I also love how much fun you are having. I am jealous! I also love your cute clothes and the fun BEAUTIFUL places in NY you are seeing! Most of all, I love you.

Corinne Chidester said...

I've decided that you and New York were made for each other. :) I'm so glad your first day went well!

Elise said...

you are going to get so sick of hearing this from me but i am SO JEALOUS. and i'm also so very glad your first day went well. i'm going to write you a letter but it's going to be like, "today i read a book at work" and yours will be all "i went to an extremely exotic festival and worked at a top design agency and ate dinner at a famous restaurant, i'm awesome." so excited for you!

Ethan said...

This is so fun to check up on your NY happenings. I look forward to hearing about your days. I'm glad everything went well. I'm glad you're blogging often! I miss you!