Saturday, June 11, 2011

Can weather be bi-polar?

In New York City, yes. While just days ago it was a stifling 98 degrees plus humidity, today was in the 60s and has this weird, misty rain. So after dodging puddles on my run in Central Park, my roommate and I went to do some shopping! First we did the traditional trip to Time Square (can you say alliteration?) and ended up outside of the Harry Potter Exhibition. As my roommate can attest, I was constantly describing everything as "so great!" They displayed clothing and props from the Harry Potter movies. It was heavenly. My absolute favorite part was seeing the amazing detail in all of the wands. I was very tempted to purchase one in the store, but instead I got a chocolate frog. And this picture, as proof that I was there.

Once we exited the store, they had the Cake Boss Cafe with some tasty (and overpriced) treats. I had to try something because I love that show. Sometime while I'm here, I'm going to Buddy's shop.

After trying (and failing) to get cheap tickets to Phantom of the Opera, we headed to Macy's for some shopping therapy. THE Macy's. It was extremely overwhelming but when you're in New York, you have to go.

After all that walking, we were starving so we headed back uptown for dinner at a place on Columbus called Ocean Grill. I ate the best sushi I've ever had in my life there. Sea bass with pineapple, tempura (fried) sweet potato, and some magical BBQ sauce. Self-realization: I am in love with BBQ sauce.

We walked back to our apartment to change into some more layers and then headed out to see X-Men: First Class. Although the tickets were horribly expensive, I am paying for the experience to be able to walk out of the theater onto Broadway in the Big Apple. While I need to be wise with my money, I can't be a Scrooge and miss out on once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Goal for next week: balance. Work vs. play. Spend vs. save.

1 comment:

Elise said...

Okay, besides all the usual stuff about how jealous I am and how awesome this all is, that bag you're holding in the Harry Potter picture is REALLY cute.