Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Art. Work. Cupcakes.

Recap of this past weekend: AMAZING! Saturday I went shopping and bought a dress and a belt (yay!) and then went to the Met with a friend. We saw the jaw-dropping Alexander McQueen exhibit. Somehow, some way you have to see it too! After the museum we walked around a lot and ended up eating lunch/dinner at Chipotle. It's like Costa Vida or Bajio but better. Is that possible? Maybe it tasted so good because I was so hungry...

Sunday was sunny, so after church my roommate and I headed to Central Park to soak up the sun. As I am writing this, it is (well...was) pouring rain. Crazy weather!

This week has been very busy at the office. On Monday, I helped out all day at a client's house for a photo shoot. It's for an online magazine, so when it's out I'll let you know. I even go to arrange some picture frames to go on the door. Today and yesterday I have been drafting rooms for various projects. Realization: I do not like hand drafting. AutoCAD is my best friend!

Here is a little peek at the office. These books shelves are filled with my kind of books. Big, colorful, with lots of gorgeous pictures. When I get sick of the sample room, I come here to flip through some inspiring pages.

This is the said sample room in it's original, disastrous state...

...piles and piles of fabric, tile, and wallpaper everywhere!

After a massive overhaul with the help of all five interns, it became relatively organized. You can actually see the table.

And since I have been drafting, I've been able to claim a desk for myself. I have my laptop (with the Beatles for my background of course), some inspiration photos on a bulletin board, and drafting supplies. I actually have a nice view of a church from my window, which you can't see because it's raining.

I forgot to add one last thing! And of course it's about food. I ate a most delicious cupcake from Crumbs on Saturday. Mmm good!

3 comments:

Eliza Grant said...

1. I love your crazed cupcake eyes.
2. Youre actually drafting? Thats great! For some reason when I picture interns they are just getting coffee and stuff like that.
3. I miss you!

Elise said...

I love Alexander McQueen! I bet that exhibit was super great. Also, I'm in agreeance with Eliza, it's awesome that you're doing stuff besides copy and coffee, and also I miss you.

Anziano Cannariato said...

Thanks for the update. What fun to share this with you. I'm happy that you are feeling more utilized at work! Keep posting snippit of your amazing summer! I love you.