Monday, December 15, 2008

Sample Board


This is my first sample board. We were assigned a style and a room to pick out different materials for. I did a contemporary office and I had to design it around a side chair and mosaic tile. My favorite part was changing the chair I was given from its original red color to the teal color that matched the fabric. It was a little challenging at first figuring out what direction I wanted to go and to find materials that worked, but eventually everything pulled together and while there are some things I wish I would have done differently, I'm happy with how it turned out.
What I learned...
Be flexible- just because the chair is red in the picture doesn't mean it has to be red in the room
Don't use double stick tape to mount pictures on a board (it doesn't stay)
Try different arrangements to get the best one
Plan your board layout ahead before you cut the paper

No comments: