Thursday, February 2, 2012

Experiencing painter's block

As many of you know, I'm taking a watercolor class.  Today I finished a painting--yay!  I thought it was a goner.  In true artist fashion, I wanted to give up, throw it away, and never see it again.  Thankfully my patient teacher showed me what to fix and now I really like it.  As she would say, "Happy day!"  I'll post a picture of it and the other two I've completed, along with some of the ones I did last semester...eventually.  Don't hold your breath or anything.

For now, I need a reference for my next painting.  Here are some images I took in Ireland and England along with some pictures I found on Pinterest.

1. Catskills Cottage (Pinterest)


2. Garden Bench (Pinterest)

3. Ireland

4. Amy in Ireland

5. Dove Cottage, England

6. English Pig

7. Wilton House Gardens, England

8. Oranges (Pinterest)
What do you think? Which one would you like to see painted?  Add a comment with your favorite number and/or title!

2 comments:

Eliza said...

I love all of these pictures! I know I'm a bit late commenting, so you've probably already picked. But I would love to see #3 the Ireland one! Just because the rock looks grey, but I bet it has some awesome coloring when you look closely! Plus I think the watercolor with the grey rock, and then the delicate purple flowers would be adorable. I hope you post pictures of what you pain!

Jenny James said...

I love the last picture of the girl picking oranges. Go for it! Post a pic of how your final watercolor turns out :D Looks like fun!

xoxo JJ