Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Did I really eat all that in less than 24 hours?

Yes. That is actually the title of my post. It was my roommates last night and so immediately after getting in from D.C. I went straight to a Yankees game! It was pouring rain but eventually let up. Although they lost (lame), I still had a great time with friends.

See? I have friends! :)

I had to get me some ballpark food to really enjoy the experience so I got a massive Italian sausage dog. So delicious and greasy!

After the game (at around 12 or 12:30 am) we went to Juniors bakery in Time Square that of course was open. It's the city that never sleeps, remember? I got a delicious carrot cake cheesecake. Two in one amazingness!

And the next day as a last hurrah, my roommate and I went to Levain's Bakery where I ate (not in one sitting) a gigantic chocolate chip walnut cookie. Probably the best cookie I've ever had.


All of that was within a 24 hour period. Actually, probably less than that.

Did I stop there? Of course not! A friend from my interior design program got into town for a month long internship in the city and as we were walking to her place, we realized that our favorite cookie shop (that I just went to a few days before) was right there! So I got another giant amazing delicious chocolate chip walnut cookie. Aaaand to celebrate her arrival, we all went to Shake Shack. I resisted getting a burger, or fries, or a shake. But I did give in and get a rootbeer float. That's better, right???

After writing all of this I'm kind of appalled. I mean, it sounds like all I do in this city is eat eat eat. There is some crazy awesome food, but there needs to be some self-control! Can you just feel my pants getting tighter and my round face getting rounder??? In my defense, I have also eaten more fruits and veggies this week than I have over my entire stay here. I guess since I'm not used to it, I probably needed to over-compensate! :)

Don't worry. I will be a good girl from now on. Really.

No comments: