Monday, July 25, 2011

I'm off to D.C.

This past weekend was hot hot hot in the city! Some days were over 100 degrees. Being inside my apartment was miserable so I tried to be in cool, air conditioned places most of the time. On Friday I went to Bloomingdales for the first time and bought a cute pair of Betsy Johnson earings. Then I went to the Museum of the Moving Image to see the Jim Henson exhibit. Yay Sesame Street! To beat the heat on Saturday, I went to see Captain America.

And I saw it by myself. My first loner movie theater experience was really good and it's something I'll probably start doing more often. But at a less expensive theater. As for the movie itself, I really enjoyed it. Chris Evans as America's hero? I'm definitely okay with that.

Sunday I tried to stay at church as long as possible to enjoy the air conditioned environment as long as possible. Later that evening, as it cooled down, my roommate and I went for a walk through Riverside Park. We saw the last five minutes of an outdoor play called The Seagull performed by the Hudson Warehouse. Interesting. We also saw FIREFLIES! So cute!

And now I'm leaving the city for a little while to visit my friends in D.C.! I'm excited to get out of the city and a change of scene. I haven't been there since I was about 9 years old so that will also be cool. So I only worked today this week. And I'm off to a new city tomorrow...

1 comment:

meghan elizabeth said...

Hey! I really want to see that movie! I'm coming to NYC...I just don't know when yet. We need to do something! I hope you are loving the east coast!