Thursday, June 9, 2011

Cookies and Concerts

Guys, you know a cookie is good when you're willing to pay $4.00 for it. Yup, tonight after work my friends and I went to Levain Bakery and I had a Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie. It was about 4" thick and AMAZING! Hopefully you can get a pretty good look of it from the picture.

After that, we wandered down to the Lincoln Center (where we have church) and found this place that has free concerts on Thursday nights. While we were waiting for the concert, we saw the buildings for the New York City Ballet, the Metropolitan Opera, and Julliard. They are all really beautiful. We discovered some good deals so we can actually afford to go to those places, so you'll be hearing about those adventures at a later date.

The concert was a violinist and his accompanist, who performed music from Spain (and some Debussy). It was glorious and inspiring and free! They were both graduates from Julliard. Before the concert, the announcer person listed all of the awards and recognition that Julliard alums received and it was pretty impressive (but as she was talking, all I could think of was Lady Gaga and how I heard she studied piano there, I think).

After the concert, my friends and I danced through Central Park. So random and so great. Well, my first week of work is over and the weekend starts tomorrow. I'm super excited to play and we have lots of great plans I can't wait to tell you about.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: