Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Succulent Bouquets




Lately I have been really into succulents. They remind me of visits to my aunt's house. My sisters and I would play in the flower beds that were planted with roses, vines, and succulents. I don't recall seeing these plants before then and only recently did I learn their name. So now I am slightly obsessed (of course).

Since my sister is getting married soon, weddings have kind of been on the brain. Wedding blog browsing combined with childhood nostalgia of succulents leads to a post about succulent bouquets. Unique, exotic, and tactile, I especially love them with yellow, orange, and/or peach.

What do you think of these bouquets? Are they a funky variation on the generic bouquet of roses or lilies? Or are they just plain weird?

P.S. Does anyone know what the ruffly flowers in the first and third picture are called? I am also in love with them. They might be English roses, but I'm not sure.

P.P.S. The "succulent" link takes you to a website all about succulents, but be warned! The plant on the first page looks like the Rock Biter from the Neverending Story. That movie brings back more childhood nostalgia!

2 comments:

ashleystringham said...

I'm pretty sure they're Ranunculus. I'm probably going to have some in my bouquet!

Unknown said...

Thanks Ashley! I'm sure they're going to look amazing in your bouquet.