Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Fruits of Domesticity

At last! The post you've been waiting for...the heart cake!
As you can see, it doesn't really look like a heart. It looks more like lips, which still worked for the Valentine's Day tea party I had with some friends.
It was at my friend Laura's apartment and they have a wall of prancing ponies. It was the perfect backdrop to our party. We had way too many delicious treats (cake and cupcakes and cookies and scones and chocolates and cucumber sandwiches). I drank tea that I actually liked for the first time. Bengal Spice. Try it!

I guess making that cake wasn't enough because I made macaroons a few days later.
They didn't turn out great. Actually out of all of them, there was only one decent one.
I made them for a bridal shower that had these really cool decorations. They used old books and cute paper. It reminded me of something you'd see hanging in Anthropologie.
The bridal shower was for my lovely friends in the interior design program, Angela and Ashley, who each got engaged a few weeks ago. Congrats ladies!
Can I just say that my hair looks pretty cool and red in this picture? :)

No comments: