Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Color!

After more than a month of waiting, I finally got my House Beautiful magazine. Hurray!  For the September issue, it was all about color, color, color.  Every single page inspired me and has renewed my color obsession.  Hopefully these fun facts and gorgeous spaces will inspire you too!

America's favorite paint color is...blue.
Designers and readers alike voted blue bedrooms as the way to go.  Agree or disagree?

Favorite living room color...white.
I'm a huge fan of white in any space.  Just look at my Pinterest board.  At least half of those pins have a good, strong dose of white.  How do you feel about white rooms? 

Designers liked white kitchens while readers said yellow.  Which do you prefer?  (I'm sure you can guess my preference)
all white kitchen


The votes were again divided when it came to dining rooms.  Readers chose green, while designers said red.  Would you like a green dining room?

Or a red one?  With cockatoo statues of course...
Red dining room with aqua table.

My absolute favorite room in the magazine was this sumptuous dining room.
House Beautiful September 2012 color issue
White moldings.  Dark chocolate walls with bronze swirls.  Mmm good.  And I want those chairs!  See more of this house here.

You should definitely grab a copy of House Beautiful this month because I'm just scratching the surface of the homes, products, and statistics highlighted in this issue.  They even have special features like little videos you can access with your iPhone or iPad.  If you haven't realized yet, I'm obsessed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I run to the mailbox each month to get my issue! This was an exceptional edition ~